Using Organic Lehua blossom honey in your baked goods adds a nice subtle flavor that adults and kids will love; even better, it’s a healthier option than regular white sugar. Try classic peanut butter cookies sweetened with Organic Lehua Honey and taste for yourself!
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Organic Lehua honey
- 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry (or all purpose) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, honey, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the egg until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°F and grease or line a baking sheet. When the dough has chilled for a while, and the oven is heated, drop rounded tablespoonfulls of dough onto the baking sheet. Use the back of a fork to slightly flatten the balls of dough (if you like a crispy top you can dip your fork in raw sugar before pressing down).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack.