Summer would be incomplete without ice cream and popsicles, and having an all-natural healthy version is even better! These “popsicles,” made with frozen bananas, peanutbutter, and organic lehua honey, are not only delicious – they’re also dairy-, refined sugar-, and gluten-free so they’re sure to please a crowd. If you don’t like peanut butter, try substituting almond butter or even macadamia nut butter – they all go great with Lehua Honey!
Lehua-Peanutbutter-Banana Popsicles(original recipe from “Baking Bites” blog here)
Makes 6 servingsIngredients:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup Organic Lehua honey
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- popsicle sticks (we used chopsticks because we didn’t have popsicle sticks handy)
- Cut the bananas in half and place a popsicle stick in the cut end of each banana-half. Place on a plate or tray lined with waxed paper and freeze for 2 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together honey and peanut butter until well mixed. Set aside.
- Stir together chopped peanuts and coconut and place in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer. As quickly as possible (so the bananas don’t melt too much), coat each banana with the honey-peanutbutter mixture until completely covered, then roll in the peanut-coconut mixture. Place back on lined plate/tray. When all the bananas have been coated, return to the freezer for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Enjoy in the sun!