Why buy chocolates at the store when you can give your Valentine special homemade chocolate treats made with Organic Lehua honey? These classic lehua-almondbutter cups are simple to make. but are as indulgent and delicious as you could want from a Valentines chocolate.
If you’re feeling particularly festive, top with red or pink sprinkles or “edible sparkles”.
Lehua-Almond Chocolate cups
(makes about 24)
300 grams dark chocolate (70% cacao or more), chopped
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup Organic Lehua honey
3 Tbsp almond meal
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Place 12 candy liners on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together almond butter, almond meal, honey, and cornstarch until well mixed. Divide into 24 equal portions and roll each portion into a small ball. Place on a plate and set in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil with 150 grams chopped chocolate in the microwave, stirring about every 30 seconds, until melted and glossy. Divide melted chocolate evenly between the candy liners and spread evenly along the bottoms and partway up the sides of each liner.
4. Chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes, until chocolate has just set.
5. Remove chocolate and almond mixture from the refrigerator. Flatten each ball of almond-honey mixture slightly, and place in the center of each candy liner.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave. Pour over the almond-honey mixture to fill in the sides of the candy liners and cover the almond filling completely.
7. Set in the refrigerator for no more than 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and let set completely at room temperature. Store in an airtight container.