Making your own energy bars is surprisingly easy, and doing so means you can choose exactly what ingredients to include. This recipe is full of wholesome ingredients, and uses only Organic Wilelaiki Honey to sweeten it, and no refined sugars that you sometimes find in the store-bought kind.
1 ¾ cups rolled oats
⅔ cups coconut flour (or if you like, substitute your favorite vanilla protein powder)
1 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame, flax, hemp…)
¼ cups shredded coconut
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cups organic wilelaiki honey
¼ cup coconut oil
¾ cup dried cranberries (optional: other chopped dried fruits or dark chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread oats and seeds evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast for about 15-30 minutes until golden, stirring occasionally.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla, honey, and coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute until the coconut oil is melted and you can stir it all together.
3. In a large bowl, combine sea salt, coconut, coconut flour, cinnamon, and dried cranberries.
4. When the oat mixture is finished toasting, add it to the other dry ingredients and stir well. Then add the honey mixture and stir until well mixed.
5. Line a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture in the pan, place another piece of parchment on top and press down tightly until it’s even and compact.
6. Place pan in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool completely. Use a knife to cut into bars.