Celebrate Mother's Day sipping iced tea on the lanai, enjoying the cool breezes on a warm, sunny day. If you cannot be here in Hawaii, this delightful tea will evoke sweet memories of the fragrant tropical air and the sound of palm trees rustling in the wind.
The citrus and honey mixture is frozen into ice cubes. The sweet, honeyed cubes slowly melt into the mango tea, adding flavor as they dissolve. So, relax, sip and savor the refreshing tea. This recipe is adapted from the late, great Molly O'Neill.
Yield: 4 servings
Delightfully Refreshing Honey Citrus Iced Mango Tea
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup organic Wilelaiki blossom honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 quart cold , brewed Big Island Bees Mango Black Tea Blend
- Whisk together the lime juice, lemon juice, organic Wilelaiki honey, and water. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze overnight..
- The ice cubes might be a bit slushy due to the large amount of honey, no matter, simply slip them into the glass.
- Pour the cold tea over the ice cubes and let sit a bit allowing the honey to melt into the tea. Stir and sip.