Although we love sharing our honey recipes with all of you, it's always fun to hear how you like to use our honey. Lauren was the winner of our August Instagram Morning Buzz contest. What we loved about her recipe was the simplicity of it, the beautiful photography and the extra finishing touches like the heart-shaped bananas. Check out her Instagram page, laurenlovesitall for more tasty, healthy recipes.
- 2 cups frozen fruit (I used an organic mixed berry blend)
- 1 tbsp Big Island Bees Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey (or sweeten to your liking)
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a saucepan, bring frozen fruit to boil and then reduce heat.
- Mash berries and add the honey and lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chia seeds and reduce to your preferred consistency.
Lauren is a 30-year-old female, born and raised in Honolulu, HI. She has a passion for food and cooking and eating anything and everything yummy. She's dedicated to living a healthy and happy life and love supporting local businesses and buying local products whenever she can. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going for hikes or walks and doing yoga.