Have you had the chance to taste our Hawaiian Honey Mustard? It is da bomb, as they say over here. We blend our Macadamia Blossom honey with Dijon mustard and tarragon for a sweet, spicy condiment that can turn an ordinary hotdog into an extraordinary gourmet delight.
Our Honey Mustard can be used in a thousand ways. I like to use it a base for a green salad dressing mixed with a bit of oil and vinegar. It is also delicious as a dip for chicken fingers. Try it spread on sliced tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper for a simple side dish. It will also dramatically liven up a cheese and avocado sandwich!
Here is a delightfully simple recipe using our Hawaiian Honey Mustard for a dish called Deviled Carrots.
- One bunch of carrots (about 6 large)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons Big Island Bees Honey Mustard
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Minced parsley (optional)
- Peel and cut carrots into even, julienne slices.
- In a large skillet with a tightly fitting lid, melt butter.
- Add carrot, sprinkle with salt and cover pan tightly, letting the carrots steam in the butter for about 6-8 minutes or until soft. Stir occasionally.
- Take the cover off and let carrots brown slightly for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place carrots in a bowl.
- Stir in the honey mustard and fresh pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.