Last week we had a tremendous windstorm. Big gusts of wind blew down branches of our huge lime tree laden with the plump, green fruit. What to do? Make Honey Limeade of course! Limeade makes a perfect drink for a summer barbeque on the 4th of July. It can be served straight over ice or spiked with rum or vodka for a refreshing cocktail.
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Lehua honey
- 5 cups water/divided
- 1 lime sliced
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Take off heat and stir in the Lehua honey. (To keep the honey raw, let the hot water sit for a few minutes before stirring in the honey.)
- Once cool, mix honey water, lime juice, and remaining water in a large pitcher.
- Add sliced lime for garnishment.
- Put pitcher in refrigerator to cool.
- Serve over ice.
- Add rum or vodka if you want an extra kick.