Happy Valentine's Day. Indulge in this rich, smooth, chocolatey delight without guilt! So many people these days have problems eating dairy or gluten, including several members of our team at Big Island Bees. We try to come up with recipes that everyone can enjoy. This gluten and dairy free pudding is a winner, hands down!
It is also fairly simple to make, yet tastes very gourmet! I would suggest using a very high quality dark chocolate. Try this with our Hawaiian Chili Pepper honey and our Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey , which adds a nuance of sweet spice to the recipe.
Makes 4 to six servings.
- 3 Tablespoons Hawaiian Chili Pepper Honey
- 3 Tbsp Organic Wilelaiki Honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate (melted)
- 16 oz silken soft Tofu
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsps. ground cinnamon
This is an easy process if done in these simple steps.
- In a small pot, make a simple syrup by dissolving the Chili Pepper honey and the Organic Wilelaiki honey in 3/4 cup water over low heat . Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat. I use a double boiler but melting it in a microwave works as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is very smooth. I needed to scrape the chocolate from the sides occasionally.
- Pour into 4 or 6 ramekins and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve with chocolate shavings or edible flowers for decoration.