Selling Physical gift card
even if they're selling it via the pos, basically just create a regular product with variants, then in the pos app> = > products > giftcard> select variant > add to cart > scan the qr code or insert the 16 digit code > checkout
- Create a new regular product (NOT a gift card product). I.E a product called Physical Gift Card
- Create variants on this product for the amounts (value) you want the customers to choose from (I.E $10.00, $20.00, $50.00, $100.00)
- When a customer has purchased a physical gift card, take a new card from your stack of physical gift cards and go to Products -> Gift Cards in the Shopify Admin
- Select Issue Gift Card
- Enter the 16 digit code from the back of the physical gift card. This is how the physical gift card is activated
- Choose the amount (value) that the customer paid for
- Do not attach a customer, unless you also want to email the customer the digital gift card
- Hit "Issue gift card" at the bottom to create the gift card.
- Mail the customer the physical gift card
- The customer will be able to enter the 16 digit code from the back of the physical gift card into the checkout field when purchasing from the merchants online store.