While visiting friends in Los Angeles, we visited their local hangout in Venice. The restaurant is called Gjelina and the chef Travis Lett creates tantalizing “side dishes” . We splurged on a myriad of vegetables, salads and pizzas crispy from the wood fired oven. I noticed that the chef also uses honey in many of his dishes. This is a recipe I adapted from his terrific cookbook “Gjelina”.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 3 tbsp EVO
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Macadamia Blossom Honey
- 1 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Maldon Salt
- 3 Green Onions Sliced Very Thinly
- Cilantro Leaves
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with lime juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside
- Cut yams into eight wedges each. In large bowl, toss yams with honey, 1/2 Tablespoon crushed red pepper, add remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper tossing a few times while marinating for about 10 minutes
- Place the yams onto a brimmed baking sheet and roast until the edges are caramalized and soft when pierced with fork. ..about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter, drizzle with lime yogurt and garnish with green onions and remaining crushed pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves. Season with flaky salt
- Serve warm.