Granola bars are great snacks or on-the-go breakfasts, but sometimes they are much more processed than we think healthy snacks should be. Plus, who needs all the foil packaging? It’s actually incredibly easy to make your own granola bars at home, and you can choose your own ingredients, and use natural sweeteners (like organic Wilelaiki blossom honey!) If you’re looking for some healthy snacks in the new year, try this out!
Chewy Honey Nut Granola Bars
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup organic wilelaiki blossom honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9″x12″ baking pan, then line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, macadamia nuts, almonds, ginger, cranberries, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine together cashew butter, coconut oil, sugar, and honey. Stir over medium heat until well mixed and the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the vanilla and salt, and remove from heat.
- Add the honey mixture to the oat mixture, and stir until evenly coated and well mixed.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly across the baking sheet, then press to pack it firmly. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until just golden.
- Let cool completely, then cut into bars. Wrap each bar separately in parchment paper and keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container, or freeze for longer storage.