- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nut Blososm Honey
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole-wheat-pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Melt butter/oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in sugar and honey and stir until well mixed and sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile whisk together 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in butter/sugar/honey, then beat until well blended. Slowly work in remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Knead dough a few times until soft and pliable. Form into a thick disk, wrap well, and refrigerate for an hour or up to a few days.
When dough is ready, preheat your oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment. Lightly dust your cutting surface with flour, and roll dough out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet. Cut out pieces and transfer them to the baking sheets. Bake 7-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown. Let cool a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack with a spatula. When the cookies are cool, dip the tops in honey glaze (see below) and let the glaze dry (or decorate with sprinkles).
Honey Glaze (From The Joy of Cooking)
Combine 1 Tbsp butter, 1/4 cup Macadamia Nut Blossom Honey, and 2 Tbsp sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine evenly and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and use immediately.