By now we all know that honey and nuts are both tasty and nutritious – put the two together and it is like magic. Honey roasted nuts are a great addition to salads, cheese platters, muesli, or just eaten straight from a bowl. Organic Wilelaiki honey is a great choice here, especially with the addition of spices to add a little kick! You can use whatever type of nuts you like best – we tried a mix for snacking. Beware, these are addictive when warm.
- 1/2 cup Organic Wilelaiki Honey
- 1 tsp curry powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp water
- 2 cups nuts (walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts…)
- In a medium bowl, stir together honey, curry powder, cayenne, salt, and water, until it forms a thick paste.
- Add walnuts to honey mixture and stir to coat
- Spread the coated nuts onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes, stirring once in the middle. The nuts are done when they are mostly dry, but still sticky.
- Let cool on the baking sheet a few minutes, before transferring to a new sheet of parchment on a cool surface or on top of a wire rack. Eat right away (when they’re not too hot!) or store for later in an airtight container when completely cool.