Fig, Almond, and Macadamia Blossom Honey Cake
- 4 Tbsp butter, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Blossom honey
- 12 to 14 ripe figs
- Heat the oven to 375°F and grease a tart or pie pan. Put almonds and sugar in the food processor and grind to a coarse powder. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; pulse to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, melted butter, and honey. Slowly whisk in the almond-flour mixture until just mixed. Pour batter into pan.
- Remove the stem from each fig and cut in half, width-wise. Place figs cut-sides up in the batter. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.