Consider these the anti-Halloween-Candy. Why buy all that packaged, processed candy when you can make your own delicious treats at home, using all-natural ingredients? No one can complain about caramels, but these are extra-special because take on the wonderful rich flavor of Macadamia Nut Honey. They’re much easier to make at home than you might expect, and much more satisfying that regular old candy.
Makes about 30 candies
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Macadamia Blossom Honey
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- zest of one lemon (optional)
- In a small saucepan stir together sugar, honey, and cream over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then insert a candy thermometer and let the mixture cook (without stirring it) until it reaches 250°F.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in macadamia nuts and lemon (if using).
- Use a small spoon to drop the mixture into mini muffin cups, filling each one about halfway. Let cool completely before serving.
*If you can find aluminum mini muffin cups, use those and spray them lightly with cooking spray before pouring in the caramel – that makes it especially easy to get the candies out! Simple paper will be fine as well.