Holiday cookie season is upon us, and what better way to start off your November baking than with cranberry cookies? Of course we can never say no to anything with Macadamia nuts, either…Organic Lehua Honey adds complexity and sophistication to the flavor of these classic winter cookies, and as an added bonus it allows you to use less refined sugar than the typical drop cookie recipe.
Makes about 2 dozen
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup caster (or regular granulated) sugar
- ⅓ cup Organic Lehua honey
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans (or 1 Tbsp vanilla extract)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°f and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and honey until smooth and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg until well mixed.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in cranberries, white chocolate, and macadamia nuts. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Drop generous spoonfuls onto the baking sheet, about 4 cm apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.