No one can say no to a rich, chewy brownie. These brownies use only honey to sweeten them, no refined sugar, and using Macadamia Nut blossom honey adds wonderful richness and complexity to the flavor. We threw in some chopped extra-dark chocolate and macadamia nuts for good measure.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Blossom honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped extra-dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment (or grease it) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and honey until well mixed. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and fold together until well combined with no lumps. Stir in macadamia nuts and chopped chocolate.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.