In the middle of barbeque season, it's good to have a few good coleslaw recipes up your sleeve. He is a recipe with a couple twists - this egg-free version uses collard greens in the mix, with tahini dressing featuring organic Wilelaiki honey for a hint of sweetness and flavor. It's a delicious (and healthy) twist on a summer staple.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp organic wilelaiki honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch collard greens, thinly sliced
- 1/3 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups shredded or julienned carrots
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- In a bowl or small food processor, blend together dressing ingredients until well combined. Adjust amounts of ingredients to suit your taste - add a couple tablespoons of water if the dressing is too thick (but it should not be too liquid, either).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine prepared vegetables. Slowly add in the dressing and toss until the mixture is evenly coated.
- If you have time, let the salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.