Strawberries and spinach are always a great go-to for a bright, fresh salad on a warm summer evening. This version with gorgonzola cheese and a Mac-nut honey-based vinaigrette has an extra depth of flavor and that wonderful sweet-savory combination.
- 1 bunch spinach (roughly chopped, if large leaves)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Macadamia nut blossom honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, gorgonzola, and pecans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring pitcher, stir together the balsamic vinegar and honey until well combined; slowly add the olive oil while whisking until fully mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently just before serving.