The combination of sweet and salty with a hint of spice is one of my favorites. Chili Pepper Honey makes a great glaze for pork, fish or chicken, but for a real treat, try this bacon recipe. For a real treat, try our Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe here.
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 2 tbsp Big Island Bees Chili Pepper Honey
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the bacon slices on the paper in a single layer.
- In a small skillet, combine the honey (can be purchased here), coriander and cayenne and cook over high heat until melted, about 1 minute.
- Brush the spiced honey on one side of the bacon and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and bake for 5-10 minutes, until sizzling and browned.
- Transfer bacon to paper towel, glazed side up, to drain and cool slightly. Serve right away.
For more honey breakfast recipes, check out our Breakfast Recipe Collection here.