We have had wonderful refreshing rains this summer in Kona. However, fluctuating heat and cold may cause people to feel poorly. Many people catch a cold in the middle of the summer, as have many of my friends. As luck would have it, my neighbor dropped off a bag of homegrown limes on my front doorstep, which inspired me to make this delicious concentrate to boost one's immune system. It makes for a beneficial tea when added to hot water. I like to add it to bubbly water for a refreshing spritzer. Just so you know, this is a potent elixir. It has a slightly bitter taste from the lime peels. Save the jar in your refrigerator and use regularly.
- 2 limes, preferably organic
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Big Island Bees Organic Wilelaiki honey
- Slice the limes into thin circles.
- Peel the ginger and slice into thin slivers.
- Alternate the sliced limes and ginger into a glass jar with a large opening.
- Pour the Organic Wilelaiki honey on top of the slices so it seeps under and over , covering all of the mixture.
- Cover the jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator.
- Scoop a teaspoon or more to taste into a cup of hot or bubbly water.