Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Dip with Macadamia Nut Honey
The nutty sweetness of Macadamia Nut Blossom honey helps bring out the rich flavors of red pepper and eggplant, while adding sweet a twist to a savory dip. This healthy dairy-free dip can be used with cut vegetables, chips, as a sandwich or toast spread, or try it paired with crackers and a tangy goats cheese for an appetizer or afternoon snack.
- 3 red bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and de-seeded
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Blossom honey
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Prepare a baking tray with foil or parchment, and lay the bell peppers cut side down on the tray. Roast for about 40 minutes, until soft and the skin is charred. Remove from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle. Using your hands, gently peel away the skins and discard. Set the roasted peppers aside.
- Place the whole eggplants on a lined baking tray. Pierce the skin in a few places with a fork or small knife. Roast the eggplant, turning over once, until very soft and easily pierced with a fork; 30-40 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut open and scoop out the soft inside. Discard the skin and stems.
- Place peppers, eggplant, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan on the stove. Simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in honey, tahini, cider vinegar, and salt until well combined.
- Set aside to cool completely before serving. Store for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.