A friend shared this recipe for homemade granola sweetened with honey and we thought it would be especially delicious with our Organic Lehua and Cinnamon Honey. Another way to use organic honey in a healthy breakfast or snack!
(the original post, with recipe and photo, can be found here)
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole brown flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp Organic Lehua and Cinnamon honey
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 3 cups chopped dried apples
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread oats and walnuts evenly on the two baking sheets, and place in the oven. Toast for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally for even toasting.
- Meanwhile, stir together honey, brown rice syrup, and coconut oil in a small bowl or pyrex measuring cup (if you’re using thick honey, you may need to warm it up to make it stir-/pour-able).
- When the oats are done toasting, let cool for a minute, and then pour them into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in flax seeds and salt until evenly mixed. Slowly add the honey mixture and stir to coat evenly. Return the mixture to the baking sheets, spread evenly, and place back in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, remembering to stir at least once. Remove from the oven and let cool completely (it may seem a bit soft at first but let it cool down and it should become less sticky).
- When the granola is completely cool, stir in the dried apples and cranberries. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.