Who doesn’t love a good honey mustard sauce? Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey has a slightly spicy flavor, thanks to the peppery Wilelaiki plant; the hint of spice makes this honey especially great in savory cooking. For the vegetarians out there, here is a recipe using Organic Wilelaiki Blossom honey in a honey-mustard marinade for tofu – the marinade would also be great for chicken or even roasted vegetables!
- 3 Tbsp Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey
- 6 Tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp organic soy sauce or Tamari
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried tarragon (optional)
- 1 block firm tofu – rinsed, pressed, and cut into 5 slices
- In a small container combine honey, mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and tarragon. Stir until well mixed.
- Place the tofu in a shallow container and pour the marinade over it. Cover the container and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat your oven to 350 °F. Place the tofu, and extra marinade, in a shallow oven-proof dish. Cover with a lid or tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, uncover the dish and turn the tofu slices. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with noodles and roasted veggies, or save for later and take the tofu as an excellent packed lunch with salad or in a sandwich.