Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It’s always hard to decide what to serve for Thanksgiving dinner, but if you’re looking for a new idea for a side dish, pairing honey with seasonal winter squash is an excellent addition to the Thanksgiving spread. There are lots of ways to cook squash, and probably just as many ways to cook squash with honey, but here is one simple idea using Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey and butternut squash. It’s especially good for Thanksgiving because you can make it ahead of time if you’re short of oven space!
Butternut Squash roasted with Balsamic and Organic Wilelaiki Honey
(serves 6 as a side dish)
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp Organic Wilelaiki Blossom Honey
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash into quarters and remove seeds. Peel the squash, and then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the squash in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, olive oil and salt until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the squash and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread squash evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, until the squash is tender but not too soft.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot or at room temperature.