It’s hard to go wrong with a classic oatmeal cookie – especially when you add chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips! This recipe calls for replacing some of the sugar you would use in a typical recipe with honey (macadamia nut blossom honey, to be precise!), so there is actually less sugar overall, and some wonderful flavor added from the macadamia nut honey.
Oatmeal Macadamia Nut Honey Drop Cookies
makes about 4 dozen small cookiesIngredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut blossom honey
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fine whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, honey, and sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Add the flour mixture to the honey mixture and stir until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool for a minute on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.