Oatmeal Macadamia Nut Honey Drop Cookies
makes about 4 dozen small cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut blossom honey
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fine whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, honey, and sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
- Add the flour mixture to the honey mixture and stir until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool for a minute on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.