‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin! Pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are all perfectly complemented by Organic Wilelaiki honey for a comforting fall treat. This recipe from the National Honey Board makes great mini-muffins which are a fun treat with coffee, with lunch, or as part of a holiday brunch spread (but you can also use the batter to make full-size muffins.)
Makes about 24
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Organic Wilelaiki Honey
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini-muffin tray with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Add honey, egg, and pumpkin, and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed, stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.