Looking for a last-minute holiday gift? Or just need to treat yourself in the middle of all those holiday preparations? Homemade chocolate bark wrapped up nicely makes a wonderful personal, edible stocking stuffer. Adding honey, nuts, berries, and spices to chocolate lets you make just the combination you like! Here are two recipes for pairing dark- and white- chocolate with Hawaiian honey, but feel free to play around with the additional ingredients!
Ingredients for the dark-chocolate
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (or about 400 g dark chocolate, chopped)
- 1/3 cup Organic Lehua and Cinnamon Honey
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
Ingredients for the white-chocolate
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Blossom Honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Instructions (for both types)
- In a double boiler (or a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water), slowly melt chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- When the chocolate is mostly melted, add honey, and stir until all is smooth and well combined.
- Quickly stir in remaining ingredients, mix well, and remove from the heat.
- Immediately spread the mixture evenly in a rectangular shape on a parchment lined pan or flat plate. Chill uncovered for about 2 hours, then break chocolate apart into desired size of pieces. Store in a cool, dry place.