February can be a cold wintery month; even in Hawaii the nights are chilly and the surf is wild. Here is an incredible elixir to protect you from the cold and flu bugs running rampant at this time of year. Put a spoonful into hot water and sip regularly as a preventative therapy. You can also take a spoonful straight as a natural cough remedy.
Honey and Lemon Cough Syrup
- 1 quart jar (this is a great use for an empty 47oz Big Island Bees Honey jar)
- 2 lbs of lemons, sliced
- 1 lb of organic Wilelaiki blossom honey
- 1 tbsp of dried lavender flowers
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 4 star anises
- 2 tbsp of freshly grated ginger
- 12 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice lemons and add to glass jar.
- Add the lavender, sage, star anise, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Pour the honey into the jar and seal tightly.
- Put the jar in a dark place for a few days.
- Store in the refrigerator and use regularly.
Want more honey drink recipes? Try these:
The Honey Lover Community