Are you ready for March Madness? Enjoy the games with this sweet and savory Hawaiian snack. It is absolutely addictive, easy to prepare and it will remain delicious long enough to be enjoyed for several games… if it is not devoured immediately!
Furikake Chex Mix with Honey
- 8 cups chex mix (corn chex, rice chex or a blend)
- 2 cups corn bugles or pretzels
- ½ cup nuts
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Macadamia blossom honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- One 1.7 oz jar of Nori Fumi Furikake
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Put your favorite combination of chex mix (Any combination to equal about 10-11 cups. I used rice chex, corn bugles and macadamia nuts.) into a large bowl.
- Put the butter and sugars into a small pan over medium heat and stir until the butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Add the oil, honey and soy sauce and continue stirring until mixed well.
- Slowly pour this hot syrup over the chex mix, and stir very, very gently being careful not to crumble the cereal.
- Sprinkle the Furikake over the mix stirring gently to mix well.
- When everything is well coated, spread the mixture in a single layer onto 2 sheet pans. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
Looking for more snack recipes? Try these: