Spicy Mango Sorbet with Chili Pepper Honey Sauce
Summer is here and the mangos are ripe! What could be a better way to celebrate these two joys of life than by making a batch of this spicy mango sorbet using Big Island Bees Chili Pepper honey?
This refreshing treat was created by our good friend James from Seattle. He comes to Kona every year with his extended family. While on vacation, he demonstrates his culinary prowess by whipping up a batch of different ice creams every day using Big Island Bees honey. His motto is “Peace, Love and Ice Cream”.
- 4 cups of cubed ripe mangos
- 1 cup simple syrup made with Big Island Bees Chili Pepper Honey*
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
* Follow this honey simple syrup recipe and use chili pepper honey for the honey with a 2.25:1 ratio of honey to water (one 9 oz jar of honey per 1/2 cup of water).
CHILI HONEY SAUCE
- 2 Tablespoons chili simple syrup ( left over from the simple syrup made for the sorbet)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons finely ground chili powder ( Mexican Hatch Chili Powder is a good choice)
- Puree mango in a food processor and stir together in a separate bowl with the lime juice and one cup of the simple syrup. Press this through a fine sieve.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to directions for your machine.
- Make the sauce: Stir ingredients together and adjust for desired taste.
- Pour as much sauce as you like on top of a scoop of the Mango Sorbet for added spiciness!