Our Macadamia Blossom honey was just recently harvested and we have a fresh batch waiting for you! It turns out that Macadamia Blossom Honey pairs perfectly with another seasonal treat – rhubarb! Here is a late-spring recipe to inspire you for when your next jar of mac-nut honey arrives!
Rhubarb-Macadamia Honey Muffins
makes 12 large, or 18 small muffins
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Blossom Honey
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease or line a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, egg, and oil until well combined. Add sugar and honey and stir until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just mixed. Fold in rhubarb and macadamia nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly into your prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.