Treat someone special in your life to this indulgent breakfast of honey banana pancakes. What makes this recipe so special is the citrus honey syrup topping. If you've never tried mixing cinnamon with citrus, you're in for a treat!
Honey Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (Oceanfire Hawaiian cinnamon is the best!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Wilelaiki honey
- 1 cup diced bananas and 1 sliced banana to put on top of the pancakes
- butter for the pan
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the milk, egg, oil and honey and whisk together.
- Gently stir in the diced bananas.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased, hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Top pancakes with sliced bananas and drizzle with honey citrus syrup (see below).
Honey Citrus Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice from 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Wilelaiki honey
- Add all the ingredients together, stir and warm in a small sauce pan over low heat. Alternatively, you could place ingredients in a glass container and microwave 30 seconds or until hot, but not boiling.
- Stir and pour over pancakes.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try these: